Monday, May 04, 2009

It is all in the timing

Well, I am 8 weeks into unemployment. It is truly a shift in my paradigm. I know that I made the right decision. There are quite a few jobs available, most of them would mean moving. I have a terrific home support system from my husband and my children. While moving would be stressful, we would make it work.

I have learned some things through this. 1) Always listen to your instincts 2) Work as a team, maintaining decision making authority 3) Believe in people 4) Be patient, don't find a position, find the right position 5) Always treat people with respect 6) God provides 7) Character and integrity are the most important traits - always be true to yourself 8) Play to your strengths 9) If you are given time, make the most of it - re-energize 10) Never give up

I have been finding things to keep me busy. I have read a lot of books on a multitude of topics. I have found validation in the pages. While I do not recommend this approach to a career change, it has also been a freeing experience for me.

Have you encountered something similar?

No comments: