Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Step of Faith

So, on 3/24/2009, I resigned my job without having another position. It has been almost 2 weeks and I am faced with some realities - some good, some bad. First, it has been a freeing experience. I was ready to make a job change and now I can focus on that. Second, my attitude has improved tremendously. I am physically and mentally much healthier. Those are the good things and worth far more than the other realities. Anxiety regarding the so called "clock ticking" on finding a job is sometimes high. It has been 20 years since I had to find a job and the game has definitely changed. I am being "recruited" heavily by organizations that want to help market me. Companies no longer use headhunter firms to place staff. Management and leadership positions are negotiated and shopped with placement firms - these same firms want to charge the potential employee and reap a fee from the employer if I am hired - without a guarantee. And, it is not cheap!!! I did not expect to pay to find a job.

So, all this to say, that this was a big step of faith and I believe God will bless this by providing exactly the job I am to have......just wish it was in my time and not His :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you read 'The Adversity Paradox'? It's just come out...