Friday, May 15, 2009

Jesus suffered - so why should it be different for me

So, this week has been about trying to keep from throwing a 'pity party' for myself. Since leaving my job, I have encountered every emotion possible. Elation, fear, anxiety, anger, "duh" moments, etc. Why? Because it is a little like grieving. Suffering is hard, even when I knew it might be like this. It was absolutely the right thing to do - I don't regret it at all.

I have spent my time updating my resume, working with a headhunter firm, applying for many positions (all of which I truly want) and most of all, self-reflection. I have grown from this experience in ways that I would not have otherwise grown. I had always aspired to a "position". Now I aspire to do what I LOVE. Now the real trick, finding the job. I have to be patient. I know what I want and I know that there are jobs out there.

All this to say, it really is true that sometimes you have to let "stuff" go so you can do what you are suppose to do. This is how God's blessings work :-) ......it is the waiting that can unnerve me.

No comments: