Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pursuing a Dream

During recent conversations with an Executive Coach, we discussed pursuing a dream and gaging when is the "right" time to shift gears from employment to pursuing.  My dream has been to equip people to be great leaders while staying true to themselves; mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.


I have dabbled in this during my career through different kinds of speaking engagements, leading book clubs, mentoring, and setting an example through how I lead.  I have been using this blog site since 2006 however it was not a commitment due to my career priorities.


As I have mentioned in previous posts, my faith is a key component and compass to my leadership style.  I can honestly say it has served me well.  The techniques I use however can be used by anyone who is serious about being a great leader regardless of their faith.  When I reference my faith, please do not take offense, use it in a way that is meaningful to you.


The key to leadership is to maintain a virtual tool box that contains tools that can be used across multiple situations and decisions.  This is a growing process and there many tools that you need to have in the tool box.


Each of the subsequent blogs to this one will provide insights to a technique or tool that can equip you.  Topics will cover integrity, communication, mentoring, leading up, etc. 


As you read each blog, please ask questions or add your perspective.  One of the best techniques to improving your leadership skills is through experience; your own or others.


Let's take this trip together.

No comments: