Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Esther - what an amazing, Godly woman

You know, I have often thought about how tough it is being a strong woman. More importantly, a strong, Godly woman. It would be so easy to blame God for all the stuff that I want to be different. Sell my house in Iowa, put grass in my back yard, make sure Jake can afford college, etc. I was raised to believe that I can do anything I put my mind to. I still believe that but I have added power now - GOD!

During the time that I was out of work, I started a bible study on the book of Esther. WOW! This is a strong woman but it showed me something even more important. God's perfect timing! It never dawned on me that the reason Esther had to have 2 banquets was that she need to make sure that she listened to God and obeyed His timing.

So, Esther stood up for what was right and obeyed God. How awesome is that......I want to be THAT kind of strong.

No comments: